About Me

My photo
Hello everyone! My name is Adrienne and this is my fourth year here at Fairmont State University. I've recently finished pre-med and now I'm working on my secondary ed degree with concentrations in general science, chemistry and biology. I'm really into outdoor activities, especially whitewater kayaking, hiking and skiing. I love music, some of my favorite artists are Zach de La Rocha, Bob Marley, Robert Plant, Eddie Veder, Chris Cornell, Jim Morrison and Janis Joplin.

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Podcast Discussion Part II

Using the podcast technology, we had to think of a way to incorporate this into a lesson plan. I thought that since there is a good chance that I will teach mutidiscipline science classes at the high school level that I could take advantage of this. I would have my higher level classes (seniors and juniors) make mini-podcast discussions about a certain topic (ionic bonds, covalent bonds, polyatomic ions, etc.) that would take about 3 to 5 minutes on a podcast. They would do their lectures on the podcast for a grade, and the freshman classes could use the podcasts for studying...two birds, one stone!

NSET T: With this lesson plan I will be introducing the students to several standards: (1.) by allowing the students to be creative in their presentation and (5.) by engaging in their growth as a student and a professional by teaching a lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment