About Me

My photo
Hello everyone! My name is Adrienne and this is my fourth year here at Fairmont State University. I've recently finished pre-med and now I'm working on my secondary ed degree with concentrations in general science, chemistry and biology. I'm really into outdoor activities, especially whitewater kayaking, hiking and skiing. I love music, some of my favorite artists are Zach de La Rocha, Bob Marley, Robert Plant, Eddie Veder, Chris Cornell, Jim Morrison and Janis Joplin.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Power Point Day 1 FTP Stuff

Today we found a power point show online...I got this really cool one that shows how the tectonic plates have moved since the Earth was created. We saved the original powerpoint to the desktop as Power Point 93-2000 document (.ppt) then also learned how to save the power point presentation as a 93-2000 power point show (.pps), a pdf document (.pdf) and also as a web page (.htm). Sometimes when a document like this is saved to a webpage, it can become distorted but fortunately mine worked just fine.
You can see the .pps show through the enclosure link in the title and the other versions through the links below:

http://www2.fairmontstate.edu/users/ariggi/plates.htm
http://www2.fairmontstate.edu/users/ariggi/plates.ppt
http://www2.fairmontstate.edu/users/ariggi/plates.pdf

The National Standards that were applied in this assignment include:
2. Design and Develop Digital-Age Learning Experiences and Assessments
3. Model Digital-Age Work and Learning
Both these standards are applied because the power point is used for a more animated way of explaining a topic to make it more interesting for a student. The power point can also be adapted for questioning and answering.

No comments:

Post a Comment